1. Install the Pogoplug Cast Software on your computer. You can find it here: www.pogoplug.com/downloads
2. Create an account or log in.
3. Add folders that contain the media you would like to stream to your TV by clicking on "Add Folders To Your Pogoplug Account". You can add as many folders as you like. Make sure that the folders you added contain some video files.
4. Download our free apps for iOS or Android.
5. Log into your Pogoplug Cast Account on the mobile apps.
6. Ensure that both your computer running the Pogoplug Cast Software and your phone running the Pogoplug Cast app are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If you are not connected to Wi-Fi you will not be able to stream media to your TV.
7. Ensure that your Chromecast is on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your phone and computer. Still seeing the screen that's prompting you to install the software even though you already have? Click here for details on how to fix this issue.
8. Click the cast icon in the upper right hand corner of the app.
9. From the menu that appears at the bottom of the screen, select the Chromecast you would like to stream to.
10. You should see the words "Pogoplug Cast" displayed on your TV. If you don't see anything, ensure that your TV is on the correct input.
11. Select the media you would like to watch.
12. Click the "Play" icon in the center of the screen.
13. The video will now play on your TV. Depending on the size of the file you are trying to play, the video may take up to several minutes to buffer. This is completely normal, and you should allow the video to load for at least 1 minute before trying again.
14. If you are having issues playing a video, it may be an unsupported format. You can easily convert videos that are unsupported into formats that Pogoplug Cast can play by using an application called Handbrake. It's free to use and simple to set up. You can download it here: https://handbrake.fr/
15. If you are certain that the video you are playing is in a supported format, repeat steps 6-12. You may also try restarting or rebooting your Chromecast, restarting the Pogoplug Cast app on your phone and disconnecting and reconnecting to your Chromecast by selecting "Disconnect" on the player within the Pogoplug Cast app.
16. If you see this screen:
That means that you haven't signed in to the Pogoplug Cast software yet. To start casting videos, download the Pogoplug Cast software here: www.pogoplug.com/downloads and sign in to your account. Once you sign in to the Pogoplug Cast software for the first time, this screen should disappear from the app and allow you to start casting awesomeness to your TV. If it doesn't disappear, click here.
17. If you are experiencing further issues with Pogoplug Cast, please click here to review our troubleshooting guide.